Work Hard. Play Hard. Profit Hard.
“Work hard play hard” means different things to different people. I’m a full throttle type of person, who’s off switch is permanently disabled. I was raised to work hard and along the way I learned how to work smart.
I don’t believe in “get rich quick” to build real wealth or “magic pills” for rapid weight loss. I believe in hard work…preferably something that you enjoy doing and take total satisfaction from. Most people are not living their dream. I’ll bet you the world that if you are willing to work hard you’ll get to where you want to be quicker than you will by simply wishing for a better tomorrow.
- Be committed – When you make a commitment to a goal, a job, a project or to people, do your best until you accomplish your objective. Don’t let setbacks and obstacles deter you. Show up every day.
- Lead by example – No entrepreneur, athlete or investor achieves high levels of success on their own. They build teams, lead by example and work when nobody’s looking. Hard workers do what they say they will do.
- Don’t fear failure – Hard workers don’t accept that something cannot be done. They don’t complain. Hard workers’ learn form their mistakes and get right back in the game. This can be painful and suck but that’s how the winner steadily ascends to the top.
- Help others along the way – I’ve never heard a hard workers say they don’t have time to help someone else out. Hard workers are givers, not takers. They understand that givers gain.
- Never quit – Remember that quitting lasts forever. Learning from a failure or a bad experience will only make you stronger if you keep moving forward. Everyone on the planet experiences set backs and losses in life. Hard workers play through the pain and charge forward.
We all require a balance in our lives between what earns us the money to live and what challenges us outside of our “professions”. I like to ski, surf, mountain bike and crossfit. One more run, a longer wave, a faster climb or a new pb. Whatever your passion is Play It Hard.
- Have fun – Life is way too short to not spend your free time enjoying yourself. Playing hard mean having fun! Cultivate you passions. There are other people out there who share your enthusiasm for “X,” so join the tribe.
- Improve – Playing hard requires a commitment to improve. Take it to the next level with lessons or surrounding yourself with people who are better than you. Practice.
- Involve others – Include others in your activities and help those who aren’t as skilled as you become better.
Don’t make the mistake by believing that money buys happiness. The dollar signs and things you must have will always be out of reach if that’s the case. Investors and businesses exist to make a profit. When I think of profit I also think of growth, which is more dynamic.
- Positive results – This means a satisfactory target was achieved, you are more skilled in your craft and you had fun along the way.
- Integrity – You have to set and maintain a standard of practice that will make others want to work with. Profit and respect are both earned. There has to be a benefit other than money. Customers, clients, and partners have to benefit from the transaction.
- Growth – You have to keep growing whatever you are involved with. Step by step to the bigger deals and the bigger returns.
For me the payoffs for working hard are the great experiences that I’m fortunate to share with my family and friends. If you don’t like what you’re doing, change direction now.
I want to enjoy spending time with the people I work and play with. It’s my mission in life to surround myself with hard charging, fun loving people. Life’s too short for negative vibes and haters. When the profits are banked, I want to share with my family and friends. Then get back in the game.
Are you working hard, playing hard and profiting hard in your life? What steps can you take right now to get that next deal off the ground?
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more