Jim Maffuccio, the Founder and Principal of Aspen Funds, leverages his 30 + years of real estate experience to deliver cash flow to his investors using a financial vehicle that many haven’t discovered. Jim has become an expert on mortgage notes and his investors earn high yields every month without the built-in volatility of traditional investment options.
In 2009, Jim began investing in mortgage notes. Three years later, with his investments proving to be secure, consistent, and highly profitable, he partnered with Bob Fraser to launch Aspen Funds. To date, Aspen has purchased over 1,000 loans in more than 35 states and grown to three separate funds in just over seven years.
Jim Maffuccio joins John Carney today in The Real Estate Locker Room to talk about mortgage notes as an alternative real estate investment.
- Think of note investment as rehabbing the documents instead of rehabbing the home.
- Win/win situation: set up the homeowner to succeed with an affordable mortgage payment and you (and/or your investors) will make money on the investment.
- To be an active investor in note investing means becoming a hard money lender. Passive investing is investing in a mortgage fund and letting them do the work, and receive a check every month.
- You must do your homework and vet any alternative investments. Investor beware! Do not be passive when vetting out opportunities.
- Nova Skiing
- Patrick Mahone
- Never stop educating. Spend the money and go attend conferences.
- Develop a skill and find out what you are really good at. Know what you are not good at and find the people who are then partner up with them.
Reach Out to Jim Maffuccio
Thank you, Jim Maffuccio, for taking the time to discuss how to make a profit by note investing with the audience.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2019