JC 090: Managing Real Estate and the Corona Virus with Kevin Bupp
Kevin Bupp is the Founder & CEO of Sunrise Capital Investors, which invests in mobile home parks, parking lots, apartments, offices, and single-family homes all across the US.
Kevin has sixteen years of experience educating investors to locate, acquire, and create “higher than average” returns from the widely misunderstood niche of mobile home park investing.
He shares his expertise through the Mobile Home Academy and also as the host of The Real Estate Investing for Cashflow Podcast, which is one of the hottest real estate podcasts on iTunes.
We are all fighting this together. Kevin Bupp joins John Carney today in The Real Estate Locker Room to share how he is managing his real estate portfolio and navigating the Covid-19 crisis.
- Just because you find a good price for a property, doesn’t mean it’s a good deal. The wrong market may not offset the deal you make.
- The future is unclear. Run your business through stress tests to see how much debt load it can take during a recession period.
- Focus your team: Give a clear picture of what could happen. I.e.- threats, opportunity, etc.
- Over Communicate – open a line of communication, compassion and empathy with your tenants. Work with them through the pandemic with payment plans, workout programs and be a resource for them.
- There will be innovation and opportunity that comes from this hardship.
- When business is back to a “new normal”, be realistic about future goals and timelines, keep doing what you are good at.
- Road Cycling
- Lance Armstrong
- Health and fitness. You can work through it if you feel good.
Reach Out to Kevin Bupp
Thank you, Kevin, for taking the time to share current Covid-19 advice with the audience.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2020
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more