JC 074: The World’s 1st Landlord Scientist: Al Williamson
Al Williamson is a professional engineer, full-time real estate investor and the author of several real estate books. His real estate investing career began in 1996 and Al best known for publicly documenting his quest to create enough secondary income streams to cover the 1st mortgage of his eight-unit apartment building (which he accomplished in September 2015). Al is a proud family man who now spends his day managing and expanding his corporate housing business in Sacramento, California.
Al Williamson joins John Carney today in The Real Estate Locker Room to unpack how to invest in your community.
Five Key Points:
- Exercise leadership over a troubled neighborhood. Take an active approach to invest your time, experience and money into the community.
- It takes about two years for a difference to be seen in a community. You will make great things happen if you focus on connecting the dots for a specific need and are consistent.
- The size of your portfolio doesn’t matter as much as the amount of your net income.
- Learn how to increase the net income of your rental property in ways other than annual rent increases.
- Experiment and try new things. Make mistakes and learn from them.
- Use one internet account to blanket the whole property with a fiber optic network. It creates savings for everyone.
- Storage on your property can be made available to both tenants and non-tenants.
- Add bio friendly wastewater treatment products to break up clogs and that preventative measures to your plumbing.
- Jackie Robinson
- If you’re interested in working at a higher level, network your way to a higher level of friends.
- Think Up (app)
Reach Out to Al Williamson
Thank you Al Williamson for taking the time to discuss community leadership and thinking outside the box with the audience.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2019
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more