JC 077: Working Smarter, Not Harder with Gary Boomershine
With a family legacy in the real estate market and a long successful career in enterprise and emerging technology markets, Gary Boomershine had the vision for a business, RealEstateInvestor.com.
Gary capitalized on the opportunity to leverage people, processes and technology to gain a leg up in a cyclical, changing and competitive real estate marketplace. He experienced his real estate business flourish with technology that allowed him to work smarter – not harder and stay focused on the one thing that makes money, talking to sellers and making offers.
Tune into Gary and John’s conversation in “The Real Estate Locker Room” as they discuss the strategy for using your time and money wisely.
Five Key Points:
- Everything is cyclical, and the markets circle every 8-10 years. You can get “squished” at the turn of the market so you must change with it.
- High-risk investments are with rehabs right now. Wholesaling is a sound strategy right now until a change in the real estate market.
- Mindset: Think like a banker. The business model that banks use works. The banker is the person with power because they have the money and is the 1st to get paid.
- Gary’s current strategy: 1st position loans, backed by property he can see. Currently doing super low risk loans, takes a spread and invests in 401k.
- Cash Now: Single transition (whole seller, rehabber, flippers). Cash Flow: Building wealth (apartments, lending). Cash Later: When you achieve financial freedom.
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- The Hard Things About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz, Kevin Kenerly, et al.
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger
- 5/10/3 concept: Wake up at 5 am. Push the whole day out until 10 am (work out, read scripture, journal, clean & acts of service). 3 hours or work as a CEO in your business.
- Hard Money Brokers
Reach Out to Gary Boomershine
- IG: @garyboomershine
- Real Estate Investor Huddle Podcast
- Facebook: @REIvault
Thank you Gary Boomershinefor taking the time to get us in the mindset to level up our real estate game.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2019
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more