JC 070: Looking Out to the Horizon with Ben Grey
Ben Grey founded the New York based real estate investment company, American Properties International LLC, where he helped international investors capitalize on the subprime housing market crash. Ben works with some of the world’s biggest organizations and governments, solving business problems with technology and building his own personal real estate empire. He is one of the co-authors of the real estate investment book, 10,000 Miles to the American Dream.
Ben Grey joins John Carney today in The Real Estate Locker Room to share the story of how he moved from Australia to the USA to work as an IT tech specialist and how he became a successful real estate business owner.
Five Key Points:
- Real estate is not an easy business. There are always challenges and opportunities. You need to be active and on the ball.
- There are ways to “have your cake and eat it too”. You do not have to quit your day job; you can be a real estate enthusiast on the side with proper time management practices.
- There are options to purchase properties in great areas for short-term rentals or traditional rentals that will be cash flow positive.
- Look at different properties, figure out the market rents, and do your analysis.
- Any time you invest, think about what you want to achieve, the 25 year horizon, and how you are going to get there. Having a 25-30 year plan is a great asset that can produce income.
- Australian Rules Football
- Michael Jordan
- Team: West Coast Eagles from Perth
- F.A.C.E. technique to remembering names
- Learn how to use your time efficiently to fill it with the activities you want.
Reach Out to Ben Grey:
Thank you Ben for taking the time to talk with us about how you can have your cake and eat it too.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2019
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more