JC 061: Growing Your Property Management Business with Jason Hull
Hailing from sunny California, founder and CEO of DoorGrow, Jason Hull, lives by the mantra “to inspire others to love true principles,” meaning he is passionate about learning what works in business (and in life) and sharing what he learns with others. With a background in marketing, customer service experience, and technology, he’s spent nearly 7 years coaching successful property managers with their marketing and business-building efforts.
Jason Hull joins John Carney today in The Real Estate Locker Room to share all about growing property management businesses – from hiring the right team members, taking on the right properties to effective marketing tools. He explains how is business got it’s start, how he came across some of his major breakthroughs, and shares some excellent advice all property managers will want to pay special attention to.
Five Key Points:
- Be willing to fail, and allow your team to fail. Through failure, you learn the most. If you can’t fail, you can’t win.
- A commitment to learning what works (and doesn’t work) in one industry can be applied to other areas of life or business.
- Don’t get caught in the Property Management “Cycle of Suck” – crappy owners lead to crappy properties, which leads to crappy tenants, which leads to crappy reviews, which leads back to crappy owners.
- If you want to break past a 100-door barrier, you need to break out of the solopreneur space and start building a team.
- Don’t build a team based on transactional leadership. Doing so sets you up as a micromanager.
- Setema Gali Jr, former NFL player
- Invest in self-care. Our abilities as entrepreneurs is directly linked to our body, and our body is directly related to our relationships, our ability to show up, and be present and effective.
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Property Management “Cycle of Suck”
- The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Micholowicz
- Winning After the Game by Setema Gali Jr.
Reach Out to Jason Hull:
Thank you Jason for taking the time to teach the audience how to grow their property management businesses.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2019
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more