JC 056: Investing Outside of your Backyard with Nir Babajani
Real estate is not passive investing
Nir Babajani is the Founder of Nadlanir, an Israel-based investment company whose primary clients are Israelis who are investing in the US property market. Nir started in 2012, when he first took the risk of investing outside of his country. Nir’s passion to begin his company was driven by the frustrations at US properties being offered for sale at outrageously high prices in his country. He turned that frustration into motivation and that led him to creating a service to enable Israelis to confidently purchase US investment properties.
Nir joins John Carney in The Real Estate Locker Room to chat about the pros of investing outside of your country. He shares the challenges that new investors will face in foreign countries, the clients that he serves and the types properties that his business focuses on. Nir tells the story of how he became involved in US real estate and how he utilized his experience as a project and risk manager to succeed in this industry.
Five Key Points:
- Many investors have the money, but they don’t have the time.
- Inside information is where the money is made in real estate investing
- Understanding real estate is about understanding what you know, your resources, and your goals.
- Successful people have daily routines. Allocating time for reading and exercise is training for success.
- Knowing what the house looks like before it is renovated enables you to know everything about it.
- Ronaldo, Brazilian Football Legend
- Football (Soccer), Cycling, Tennis
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Be open to investing in markets outside of your backyard. A wise investor is open to investing in other countries.
Reach Out to Nir Babajani:
Thank you Nir for taking the time to share your thoughts on investing in US property from foreign countries.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at http://www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2018
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more