JC 045: How to be the #1 Realtor in the World with James Wise
Grinding from the skate park to a $50 Million portfolio
James Wise is the Co-Founder of The Holton-Wise Property Group, a full service, real estate brokerage that operates in the Cleveland area. They support local homeowners in finding buyers and sellers as well as promoting Cleveland to international investors. Aside from being great at managing his business, James is known for his selling and underwriting of commercial and residential investment properties. But, the best testimony to his skills is how he ranks as the number one realtor in the world, as per the MLS stats, when it comes to multifamily and commercial property selling in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland).
In this episode, James shares his thoughts on what it takes to not just start a real estate business, but to scale it to the highest level possible. James talks about his life before he got into real estate, how he met his partner, and the strategy they implemented that made everything work for their business. James also explains what it means to be number one and why you should never stop being the best in real estate industry.
Five Key Points:
- Real estate is a scalable business and you must own multiple properties. Twenty properties are great, but you can’t buy a boat with it.
- Think of real estate as a fire. Your income and your job are the gasoline to pour into the fire.
- Expensive contractors charge that amount because they are better and are able to take things off your table.
- Spreadsheets are important, but real estate is a people-business. There are things that your spreadsheets can’t predict or prepare you for.
- When you’re just starting out, you spend all your time getting into rooms with people. When you’ve grown, it will be people trying to get into a room with you.
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers / NBA Superstar
- Multiple Streams of Income by Robert G. Allen
- Take a look, observe how others in the business do it. Take what you like and throw awaywhat you don’t like.
Reach Out to James Wise:
Thank you James for taking the time to share your advice on what it takes to be #1 in the real estate industry.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at http://www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2018
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more