JC 043: Mindset and Staying Power with Tim Bratz
From a maxed out credit card to $85 Million
Tim Bratz is the Owner and President of CLE Turnkey Real Estate, a real estate business that buys, renovates and holds apartment buildings and short-term vacation rentals in Ohio, South Carolina, Florida, and Georgia. Tim founded the company when he realized the long-term benefits of holding a solid real estate investment versus being on the sales side as a commercial real estate agent
As a former real estate agent, Tim already had valuable knowledge as to how the real estate industry works. You locate a property, look for a buyer, and receive a commission when the papers are all signed. Tim quickly identified that being the owner of the property was the path to establishing true wealth. He set his sights on the multifamily industry when he learned that apartment owners earn thousands of dollars a month passively.
His quest for success as a full time real estate investor started with the cheapest property he could find and a maxed out credit card. Tim sought out mentors, developed a plan and now owns 1,175 rental units with a portfolio values estimate at $85,000,000.
In this episode, Tim talks about his career before he became a full-time investor, who inspired him to become an apartment investor, the challenges he faced along the way and how the first deal changed his life forever.
Five Key Points:
- There’s no way to gain all the real estate knowledge without doing the activity.
- Buy as many properties as much as you can, as long as it cash flows.
- Being through the grind is a lot of work and super stressful, but it makes you a better steward of capital.
- As sexy as numbers look on paper, some profits do go right back to the property.
- Just because something’s listed for a certain price doesn’t mean it’s going to sell at that price.
- LeBron James, NBA Superstar / Cleveland Cavaliers
- Twelve Pillars by Jim Rohn
- Ninety-five percent of life is mindset. Knowing where you want to be and creating a roadmap to get there is essential.
Reach Out to Tim Bratz:
Thank you Tim for taking the time to share your success story and expert advice on apartment investing.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2018
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more