JC 033: Reducing Property Tax Consequences with Anthony Vacanti
Giving Your Property Value A Second Look
Anthony Vacanti is a property rights attorney and represents real property owners and developers in zoning, eminent domain, land use and real property tax. He has experience working with clients and government entities to guarantee compliance with regards to local zoning and development regulations. Anthony also represents clients in all forms of real estate development and transactions such as the acquisition and sale of real estate, leasing, as well as complex real estate document drafting.
In this episode, Anthony shares his knowledge regarding the many ways you could save on taxes. He cites the areas where you might be paying too much, the red flags you have to watch out for, and the importance of challenging the value of your property. Anthony also explains how an Arm’s Length transaction is defined and why a sudden price drop is not always a sign of a distressed sale.
Five Key Points:
- The larger people build their real estate businesses, the higher the tax-dollar figure becomes.
- The three red flags to watch out for when it comes to property taxes: Recent sale of the property in your portfolio; whether you had financing done to acquire the property; if the property value is not aligned with what the auditor has.
- A reduced purchase price doesn’t always indicate a distressed sale.
- Arm’s length transaction is where a willing buyer and seller agree upon the purchase price on the open market.
- Finding the people that know what you don’t know and who challenge you is incredibly important to finding the best product for the client.
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Know what you’re getting into, strategize, and be thoughtful. That preparation gives you the freedom to persevere in difficult situations.
Reach Out to Anthony Vacanti:
- BDB Law
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1 (216) 453 4286
Thank you Anthony for taking the time to share your expertise on reducing tax consequences.
Listen to all the episodes of The Real Estate Locker Room Show and sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter at http://www.johncarneyonline.com
© John Carney 2017
Want to become Wealthy by Investing in Real Estate?
Subscribe to receive the Game Plan newsletter, blogs and more